Security at Japan Impact
A few security rules
Entering Japan Impact is subject to a security control, based on these rules :
Naturally, all objects that are prohibited in public by the Swiss law are also prohibited in the convention, as are all objects with a metallic outline (such as spiky bracelets and belts), except utility objects such as umbrellas.
We emphasize that weapon replicas resembling guns or firearms must not enter the convention.
Nevertheless, most accessories are authorized, with the following constraint: make them light ! If your accessories are made of light and flexible materials, you will have a good chance of passing our security check. A retractable lightsaber, for example, will be accepted.
A member of the organization committee will regularly check the entry to assist the accessory verification.
Alcohol is prohibited in the convention.
For security reasons, EPFL forbids all dangerous objects and especially :
- All firearms (automatic, incendiary, pistols, guns, any firearm replicas, parts of firearms,…);
- Rigid objects longer than 1m20;
- Massive, heavy, or very solid objects;
- Sprays (especially pepper spray) ; hair spray is permitted if less than 100 ml;
- Electroshock devices;
- Metallic weapons (knives, daggers, katana,…);
- Devices designed to harm a person (batons, brass knuckles, slings,…);
- Ancient weapons.
Concerning toy weapons, any wepon that could be confused with a firearm is strictly prohibited.
For other types of toy weapons can be admitted if they are made of a soft and light material (such as balsa wood), and do not risk harming people.
Participants of the Cosplay contest will be able to use toy weapons during their presentation ; these will be stocked by the Japan Impact staff the rest of the time.
Official outfits (fireman, military,…) are prohibited in the convention. In case of an intervention from the police, they may be confusing and imper the operation.
List of materials authorized at the entry for cosplay and accessories
- Extruded polystyrene
- Foam expansive
- Molten glass
- Various glues (for wood, hot, contact, multi-use,…)
- Wood and sticks (below 1m20 and not too thick)