Dates and registration
- The 2020 Kakkoii contest will take place on Sunday 16th of February 2020. The schedule will be communicated later.
- The registration is only via the official link. It will end on February 5th at 23:59.
- You will receive a confirmation email within 3 working days after your registration.
- The number of registrations is limited: first arrived, first served.
- Please send us your files and signed documents before the 10th of February 2020 at 11:59 pm.
- In case of discontinuance, you are asked to warn us to leave a chance to other people.
- Contenders under 18 at the time of the convention must send us by email or mail a signed and dated permission by their legal representative.
- In case of registration confirmation, the entrance of Japan Impact on the day of the contest will be offered.
Purpose of the contest
- The Kakkoii contest is an individual fashion contest, intended for Japanese fashion fans (especially Visual Kei or Shibuya fashion) which focuses on a “cool” aspect. Participants are committing themselves to follow the theme.
- The contest is open to every gender. Genderbending and genderless style are authorized, as long as they are following the theme “kakkoii”.
- It is possible to participate to both contest Kawaii and Kakkoii, since they will take place on a different day.
- The outfit can be bought or handmade.
- Cosplays are forbidden. The aim is to show your own sense of style, not to be dressed as someone else.
- The candidate has 1 minute 30 seconds on stage maximum.
- He must present a small show: dance, singing, both or other.
- It is forbidden to throw objects or dirty the stage, think about the next person!
- The judges’ marks are classified.
- The outfit and the show must be adapted to all kinds of audiences. In case of doubt, please write to [email protected]
- In the case of a breach (troll, registration only to have a free entrance, …) the participant may be hardly sanctioned at the discretion of the committee.