KAKKOII CONTEST 2022 – RULES
Dates and registration
- The 2022 Kakkoii contest will take place on Sunday 20th of February 2022. The schedule will be communicated later.
- The registration is only via the official link here. It will end on February 9th at 23:59.
- The opening and closing dates of registration can change with no prior warning.
- You will receive a confirmation email within 3 working days after your registration.
- Please send us your files and signed documents before the 12h of February 2022 at 11:59 pm.
- Registrations follow a first-come first-serve basis as there are a limited number of registrations
- Contenders under 18 at the time of the convention must send us a permission slip signed and dated by their legal representative within 3 business days after registration by email at [email protected].
- In case of discontinuance, you are asked to warn us to leave a chance to other people.
- If you do not respond and no further contact is possible, or in the case of disrespect, you can be blacklisted and can no longer be able to join the future contests.
- By participating in the contest, the contestant gives permission to be filmed or photographed. Participants give permission to PolyJapan to use the images for promotional purposes.
- In case of registration confirmation, the entrance of Japan Impact on the day of the contest will be offered and the practical information (meeting time and place, entrance…) will be communicated a few days before Japan Impact.
Purpose of the contest
- The Kakkoii contest is an individual talent and fashion contest, intended for Japanese fashion fans (especially Visual Kei or Shibuya fashion) which focuses on a “cool” aspect. Participants are committing themselves to follow the theme.
- The contest is open to everyone, of every age or gender. Genderbending and genderless style are authorized, as long as they are following the theme “kakkoii”.
- It is possible to participate to both contest Kawaii and Kakkoii, since they will take place on a different day.
- The outfit can be bought or handmade.
- Cosplays are forbidden. The aim is to show your own sense of style, not to be dressed as someone else.
Media Files :
- Only .mp3 formats are allowed for the audio files.
- It must not exceed 1 minute and 30 seconds. An extra 5 seconds can be allowed only in the case if the chosen song cuts too abruptly. No other exceptions will be tolerated for equity reasons, and any files that do not follow the rules will be cut and converted.
- A contestant may be asked to change their music choice and audio file if it has already been chosen by a contestant before them (first-come, first-serve), or if it does not fit the contest theme.
- Please choose music linked to japanese culture and content or from japanese artists, as this contest is focused on modern japanese culture.
- A photo of the outfit planned for the stage performance will be asked. It does not need to be the final outfit, but the organiser needs to verify that the theme is respected and it is appropriate for the public. If it is not appropriate or is outside of the contest theme, the contestant will be asked to change their outfit.
- The media files (photo and audio) must be sent before the 12th of February 2022. In case of tardiness, the registration can be cancelled.
- To be cautious, please bring your .mp3 audio file on a USB key or external hard drive on the day of the contest to avoid any unfortunate and unforeseen circumstances. We decline any responsibility in case of persistent problems
Changing room :
- The changing rooms are available only one hour before the contest.
- Only the contestants are allowed to go inside
- The changing rooms are separated into two sections (men and women)
- The changing rooms are guarded by staff, however the other contestants will be sharing.
- We advise you to store valuable objects with you or with a friend/relative… before entering the changing room.
- Neither the organizing team of the Kawaii and Kakkoii contests, nor the organizing committee of Japan Impact can be held responsible in the case of theft inside the changing rooms.
- The candidate has 1 minute 30 seconds on stage maximum.
- He must present a small show: dance, singing, both or other.
- It is forbidden to throw objects or dirty the stage, think about the next person!
- The contest will take place in an EPFL auditorium.
- The judges’ marks are classified.
- The outfit and the show must be adapted to all kinds of audiences. In case of doubt, please write to [email protected]
- People in the public cannot help you during your presentation, however a staff member can help you with accessories or any demands that were discussed with the contest organizer and accepted via e-mail.
- In the case of a breach (troll, registration only to have a free entrance, …) the participant may be hardly sanctioned at the discretion of the committee.
- The judges notes stay confidential. However, it is possible to talk to them, the organizer or the presentator to ask questions, if available. If you have further questions about the above-mentioned points, please write to [email protected]. You will receive a response within 3 business days.
2 January 2022